February 14, 2018

A Google Success Story with Google Classroom

My name is Jenna Rudek and I am a sixth grade teacher at Fillmore Elementary School. I started migrating to become an online, technology-based teacher, once I experienced what Google Classroom had to offer.

I would always rush to the copy room early in the morning to make copies. If my copies would run out, I would struggle to find paper and have all the students copy my work from the document camera. Then, if students would lose an important document/worksheet, I would have to find my original copy to make more copies. Once I started using Google Classroom, all those worries disappeared.

I am able to create my own worksheets, answer keys, tests, and assignments from home. I can include various videos and slides to my work, for better understanding. Now, I can visualize what concept and standard each student needs help on, and create small group instruction from their Chromebooks. #googlesuccess


A big thank you to our guest blogger, Jenna Rudek. We appreciate you sharing a small piece of your classroom with the world. 

If you are an OKCPS staff member and would like to be a guest blogger, please contact your ETS point of contact